[Switzerland 2019] Grindelwald - First Mountain [Day 2]

Day 2 in Grindelwald First Mountain🏔️

If you are based in Zurich (or Winterthur like me), First Mountain in Grindelwald is the best alternative to the famous Jungfrau.




Link to [Day 1]

I like the hostel's free breakfast so much :D
It was my first time slicing the cheese by myself lol
Yogurt, milk & cereals + Bread, ham & cheese
With a cup of hot chocolate, simple but satisfying (*¯︶¯*)




Check out was easy, just take off the bedsheets and dump them in the baskets in G/F. Before leaving, we made ourselves some sandwiches in the kitchen so we could have them as lunch up at the mountain. 

Bus stop was just a few steps away from the hostel, and the First station (peak) was around 2-3 stops. Bus is free by showing the visitor pass provided by hostel like this:




Bought the cable car ticket on-site, the queue wasn't long.




Cable car!
Peak station is at the final stop (2 stops in total)!




View from the cable car was perfect! 
I'd say this is the prettiest cable car ride I've seen ♡‿♡




Everything seemed good and we were absolutely thrilled until...




It became too misty we can't see anything!!




...and it's snowy...? NANI




Then we just realized we ARE going up to the peak...
of course it'd be snowy on the top... 
we truly are two idiots in spring outfit -_-




Playing with snow with just my hoodie + trench coat...still fun :D
Actually it wasn't that cold as we were quite near to the sun. 
As usual, the wind was the problem...




Feeling bummed out as many activities were canceled due to bad weather >:(




Walking on the sky bridge for the view (not really in this weather -_-) 
There were some parts that we had to bend down our body abit to avoid the rock overhead.




Blinding isn't it.




Supposedly an observation deck...




After a round trip of the sky bridge, the mist went away a little so we got a clearer vision.




Found this painting while wandering in the souvenir shop.
This art is gorgeous, I hope I can see this view in reality but well...




Since we had nothing else to do, we decided to go down to the middle station.

View from the cable car ride. 
Finally, we could see something green... \( ̄▽ ̄)/




The middle station was a good place to take photos with mountains (as it's less misty). Also, the playground was fun :3

A very cool (scary?) tree.




Swing in the mountain is so fun o(≧▽≦)o





Mcflurry!





This is the end of our trip in Grindelwald~
We took the train back to Winterthur as scheduled at the same station.

I've enjoyed the most beautiful scenery through the train window. Couldn't stop taking photos because every scene was breathtaking... I didn't sleep although the journey was long.





Next time when I have more time (and $$$...) I'll definitely get the rail pass so I could straightaway get down at those stations that attracted me so much...!!! Or self-driving sounds nice too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments